Tuesday 26 July 2011

The first step in the right direction...

Graduation has come and gone. It was a fantastic weekend full of goodbyes and 'last times' - memories I'll cherish forever in the form of 600 photos. I wouldn't have changed any of it for the world. My mum cried when I put my gown on - saying it was like my wedding day (I sincerly hope not) and no one tripped up when walking across the stage, so all in all it was a lovely occassion.

Being on to grab the bull by the horns and going for it I am currently on day two of an internship I was offered the day before graduation. Working on an large event to be held in Birmingham, I am helping out with the visitor and exhibitor marketing. The daily commute is going to take some getting used too, but I'm enjoying working in an environment surrounded by people all working on events. It's rather refreshing and not that far from the atmosphere in the studios - infact very similar with people chatting and eating in between working. It is all very open plan, celebrations and frustrations can be heard from all over the place, with the only difference being people are all sat infront of computers instead of sketch books. My creativity is being some what used, though currently getting my head around the world of html. At least I can be reassured with the fact it is taking one step closer to where I (think) I want to be!

No comments:

Post a Comment