Tuesday 12 July 2011

The beginning of a very large chapter...

Our final degree results came in. 0.9 off a 2.1 HOW FRUSTRATING. I knew I was borderline, but to be so close. Super annoying. Though more in the sense that I know I worked my socks off, and I'd hate anyone to ever look at my grade and make a judgement of my efforts - I know I'm creative, professional and determined - just not the mark scheme style way.

Fortunately, the experience I've gained at University has taught me a lot and (I hope) make me employable. The big cross roads now is what do I want to do with a) the near future b) life. Both rather weighted options.

Having reflected in the last few days my answers would be some what as follows:

a)  1) Work to gain as much events expereince as possible over the summer then follow it up with a ski season in a high end chalet (a way of proving to future employers that I know what quality is but learning in my favourite environment)
     2) Throw myself into events now. I have found the most AMAZING company. http://www.fireball.co.uk/ - creative events for sporting companies. It's like a dream. Have applied for an intenship but as of yet not heard of anything.

b) Not being one to focus on specifics that can easily be changed - my general answer would be to be happy working in an environment that involves at least two of my three favourite things. 1) Creatvitiy 2) Events 3) Skiing

I guess its time to accept that I have entered the real world. Let the fun begin!

No comments:

Post a Comment