Monday 29 August 2011

Creative and Design. Two words that can mean a lot of things

I’m over half way through my internship and it’s been quite a journey. I’ve learnt that I had a very narrow mind approach to what design can be, and more important what type of design I can enjoy. I am getting a wide range of experience, some more exciting than the others. I’ve done more work on photo shop than I did throughout my whole degree – working on promotional material in particular. Designing as a way of communication is a whole new world to me. In the past I designed to a brief that I set and the conclusion was what I was happy with. Now I’m working to a brief that requires statistical success and customer response. Designing to encourage response is something I am really having to consider. The old fashioned phrase, a picture is 1,000 words is something that has been at the front of my mind quite a lot.  
I’m considering the next stage as such at the moment. What next after I finish my internship? I have just been offered a position in France to work for the next 6 months, starting at the end of November. It’s not a design job, but it’s one of those things I have to do for me. I’m working for a high calibre company, so I hope when I come back I’ll be able to translate the high quality into what I do next. While I’m away I want to use to it as a chance to really focus on what I want to do. I’ll keep writing and keep track of everything that inspires me. It will be the calm before I take on the creative events world with a storm.

No comments:

Post a Comment