Sunday 10 July 2011

New Designers: The Aftermath

So there it is. We’ve packed up and gone home and it’s safe to say it has been a fantastic week. Before this week I thought I had my plans for the future all sorted – well to a point anyway but following the last five days I really have a lot to think about. Ultimately New Designers has made me realise how much I am going to miss simply designing for me. Having done it since Art GCSE – almost eight years ago it will be strange to no longer be working on a project. The feedback I have had has really opened up clear ways in which I want to develop my final project though for now this will be through drawings. As a close friend said to me I will always be a designer and will just have to make time to do it – simply for personal enjoyment. I still have quite a few opportunities to follow up that came from the show and fully intend on seeing them through. It will be exciting. I know my 1000’s of pieces project still has work to do before I can comfortably conclude it.
Stay tuned and watch this space.
The countdown to results has begun.

No comments:

Post a Comment