Friday 8 July 2011

Think Green: Moving Image Fashion Day

Being the currently unemployed graduate seeking experience within the creative industry, I am jumping at any chance I get. So when an events company I am following on twitter posts that a dresser is needed for a fashion show in London - I reply honestly with " I have no experience as a dresser but would be super keen". and hey presto I get the gig. So armed with my map and a contact number I make my way to the Showroom Gallery on Penfold Street - and it's safe to say for an unpaid day of work it was fantastic.

Although a small show of three designers and five models and an even smaller back stage area I got a real insight to how a fashion show is run. From how to organise the clothes and running of the event to how to cope when designers don't show up and models get all diva on you. The day was really enjoyable and it was intresting to talk to the designers - who both had main stream jobs and recently converted to fashion (very comparable to descisions I have had to make myself in the past). It left me with alot to think about and also enthusiasm that although I didn't do an events degree there is still plenty of oppourtunity for me in the big wide world - I just have to go and find it!

To get more of an insight into the event take a peek at this:  http://nijimagazine.com/?p=9240

No comments:

Post a Comment