Wednesday 12 October 2011

Creativity: Something we need, not something we want.

More recently than ever before I have realised how all aspects of life need creativity and the fact that creativity comes in all forms. Even those who say they have not got a creative bone in their body will still find themselves using it. Creativity comes in all forms – visually, atheistic, and design are the obvious forms, but it is still used in negotiation, organisation and communication. When we are given a task to solve, we will all approach it in a slightly different way. This is creativity. In debate and discussion we have to be creative. Creativity comes hand in hand with arguing and convincing. There are hundreds of ways to apply creativity.

This point has not come completely out the blue. It somewhat stems from the train of thought of what I am going to do for the rest of my life. I was asked the other day what type of creative I am. Honestly, at first I was lost for words (believe it or not) but it certainly gave me something to think about.

What type of creative am I? This is never going to be a straight forward answer or a complete answer as I feel I will constantly be developing my creative style. For now though I feel I can say I will never be designing something for its beauty alone. I know a few people, who design for simply the beauty and also friends who design for the sheer practicality. I feel I lie somewhere in between. My creativity has to have a purpose. A brief and a conclusion. Though I still want enjoyment and excitement to come out of my creativity. It needs to have a practical purpose. My thoughts for the future definitely lie in providing my creativity as a service...possibly...creating for someone who feels they have no creativity yet wants to produce an exciting outcome... creativity as a service...definitely food for thought.

No comments:

Post a Comment