Wednesday 7 August 2013

Brand yourself?


A fair amount of time has passed since I last posted. It’s fair to say a lot has changed but depending on how you look at it, some would say actually very little has. I’ve always talked about subjects in relation to experiences though recently I’ve been considering the bigger picture in terms of the person having these experiences.

I’m still at a point of uncertainty in terms of my career path but I’m slowly building more of an image of who I am – and what my brand is. I recently attended a branding workshop aimed at businesses, but the lessons and discussion led my thoughts to more how we brand ourselves as individuals.  I don’t mean the brand of a company or product an individual may have but the actual image and message we give as a person.  Do you call your professional image, your brand? I’m not referring to a logo or a way of writing your name in swirl arty writing but more the message you give to clients or future employees.  Do you have a consistent image? If you were to ask friends or colleagues to describe you in three words, would the same three words keep appearing? It’s something I feel people should consider when working in a professional capacity, though I imagine the bigger picture of personal brand is probably over looked.
Your personal brand is important –  it may change slightly over time, but if you can establish a personal brand which ever job role you may find yourself in, it can only make you a stronger individual. It creates a clear image and people can understand what you are about and how you will succeed in what you do. My brand? I’m still working on that, but it is coming together and I’m slowly beginning to understand the type of professional I am and where I plan on heading next.

No comments:

Post a Comment