Saturday 12 November 2011

Playing with Space

In 6 months time I need to hit the real world running – And I need to know what I want to do and why I want to do it. I’m always going to be creative, that is a given. I came out of uni wanting to do creative events, which is still the path that I am aiming for. Though it is only recently that I have really found more clarity and reasoning behind this choice. If someone was going to ask me why I wanted to do creative events, the answer of I like events and I like being creative would just not cut it.  I’ve recently realised I enjoy designing not just events but with space. Designing within a space. I see it almost like a 3D brief. Here is a space, this what we want the outcome to achieve, this is a space we want people to enjoy, make it happen. PostEvents certainly lend itself to a job that involves space manipulation, designing to a brief, to enhance visual and human interaction. This is the challenge I want. I know I could be happy designing for any space, whether it be a ballroom, a sports hall, or a living room.

The idea of re-creating the space into a clients visions, or to create a certain atmosphere within a space is positively exciting. There are so many ways it can be done! I like a challenge. The constant challenge of creating something new and something that makes people go wow.
The dream would have to be to own my own company that offers an expertise in spatial design. From temporary event design to permanent architectural design to the space people have around them at home and work. Although I’m now getting ahead of myself, my big dreams most definitely fuel the first leg of the race.

No comments:

Post a Comment